Get Ready for A Stress-Free Holiday Season
This mythical holiday bliss is possible! You just need to get started now.
Get Ready for the Holidays
• Arrange holiday travel plans. Buy your plane tickets and reserve your hotel and rental car.
• Update your address list for holiday greeting cards. Order holiday greeting cards.
• Begin a gift list. To keep track of what you have already purchased and what you still need try a list app such as Wunderlist or Todoist. Share the gift list with relatives.
• Consider “experience gifts” or gifts that do not create clutter. Downsize toys before the new ones arrive at Christmas.
Get Ready for Winter Sports
• Inventory ski/snowboarding equipment and see what needs to be replaced. Sell or donate old equipment.
• If you plan to ski this season, but don’t own gear, arrange gear rental for the season.
• If you buy season passes, take advantage of early purchase discounts.
• Downsize and put away summer sports equipment.
Get your Home Ready for Winter
• If you own a generator, start it up and make sure you have fuel on hand.
• Schedule car maintenance. Replace windshield wipers.
• Schedule a chimney sweep to maintain your wood burning fireplace.
• Drain water spigots and cover them for the winter to prevent pipes bursting.
• Clean or replace furnace filters and schedule furnace/water heater maintenance.
• Cover or put away deck and patio furniture.
• Clean your grill and (if you don’t grill year-round) store it grill in your shed or garage.
• Schedule gutter and window cleaning.
• Schedule a tree service to remove any overhanging tree branches that could damage your home in a storm.
Take Care of YOU
• Book a facial or massage for early December. Self-care reduces stress.