In our 2018 book Declutter and Thrive: Overcoming 6 Common Disorganization Types to Reveal Your Best You, one of the “types” we describe is The Overburdened Employee. For this individual, clutter and disorganization at work or in their home office is a daily struggle, negatively impacting their productivity, stress levels, mental and physical health, as well as their career.
Set aside time to declutter and organize your work area, whether it’s at the office or at home. Get help from a family member or friend. If this task is overwhelming, get support from a professional organizer. Then use the tasks listed in the infographic below to maintain the space and vastly improve productivity, focus, peace of mind, and respect from co-workers.
Infographic by Quill
For those with a home office, Bretton Keenan has rounded up six home office organization ideas straight from the experts (including one of ours!).
Take the Quiz!
Have you taken the Declutter and Thrive Quiz to find out your disorganization personality type? Thousands of clients, plus over fourteen years of experience, have allowed us to identify the following disorganization personality types:
- The Power Shopper with closets and cupboards so full they won’t close.
- The Paper Magnet whose paper and mail piles are literally falling over.
- The Inspired Hobbyist who can’t create despite volumes of materials.
- The Caregiver who’s put everything on hold to care for a loved one.
- The Easily Distracted who struggles with an overwhelming to-do list.
- The Overburdened Employee whose disorganization at work is impacting their career.
Take the quiz and find out what type fits you!